Monday, November 21, 2011

A Surprise...To Drive

Oliver picked me up after work, and he said he had a surprise for me. He also told me that he almost decided to blindfold me with his tie, but he decided against it in the end. We went to eat at Diego’s, where they got the order wrong. Oliver tried to pay for the mistake, but they would not let him. I was really impressed with his determination to do the right thing.
Then, Oliver took me to the surprise part of the date. He took me to the football stadium parking lot and asked me if I was ready to drive stick. I had told him before that I could not drive one, and that I wanted to learn (his GTI had a manual transmission). I was not perfect at it, but I did not do a horrible job either; I only killed it like three or four times. Oliver was really reassuring and helpful about the whole thing. He said that I was doing better than anyone else he had taught before, and I wanted to ask if I was the only one he had ever taught.


We went back to my apartment. He told me that he had realized that morning one of the reasons that he liked me, that I made him want to be a better person; a sentiment which I returned. Then, he came in, and we watched the end of Hercules with my roommates, Liz and Sarah. After that, we watched the first half of Despicable Me, which was really cute. But sadly, we could not finish it together, because it was midnight, and Oliver had to leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment